IBM Knowledge Center is supposed to be the new, central and customizable place for browsing and/or searching all IBM product documentations.
Good thing, if you want to limit the results to IBM documentations or even to your used products. Thumbs up!
Two days after releasing a version of IBM Sametime for iOS which was almost unsable for many customers due to a bug, a new version (9.0.1) has been released today.
There is nothing new in this release, only bug fixes – but that’s enough ;-)
Can now be downloaded from the IBM Collaboration Solutions Catalog at Greenhouse and it now supports:
- Windows 8
- Office 2013 integration and
- Metrics (file downloads are counted in Metrics)
A few more details are available at Luis Benitez’s blog.
Version 9.0.0 of Sametime for iOS is available at iTunes.
It promises a few very interesting features:
- Softphone (on supported servers)
- A brand new user interface on the iPad (note: looks very “fresh”)
- Point-to-point audio on phones (on supported servers)
- Point-to-point audio and video for iPads (on supported servers)
- Server-side policy updates
- Runs on iOS 7 (note: this is definitely not new)
Unfortunately, the app crashes as soon as I open a Sametime contact to initiate a chat (tested on iPhone 5S, iPhone 5 and iPad).
Maybe it has something to do with the combination of the Sametime app and Sametime Proxy version… let’s see what IBM says.
…and I always say “Do not use .0 versions or wait at least a few days” ;-)